Being on the road has been such a fun adventure! Week 2 full time is underway and I’ve already learned so much. Duluth has been beautiful and cold. The snow is the perfect snow for snowmen making and the large stacks of it are hiding places for my snowpup. Albus is having a blast and keeps digging in the snow and running like a mad man. Sam and I took him to the Target lot so he could let loose in fresh snow piles without any traffic concerns (it was 9pm).
Duluth has a port for large ships to dock and on Sunday we went on a walk with Albus and got to see a ship come in. Tons of people were there to witness the arrival; we believe they were loved ones of some of the crew members.
I love eating local food and we’ve tried a few different places. The Duluth Grill is next to our motel and we ate there twice. The first time I got an omelet with everything and a cinnamon roll. The omelet was delicious and the cinnamon roll was tasty as well. However, JJ’s in COMO has the best cinnamon roll I’ve ever tasted. (Go there and try it). The second time I got the chicken fried pancake. The pancake was cooked with corn and bacon on the inside topped with fried chicken and maple bacon syrup. The pancake was salty & sweet and reminded me of cornbread. The chicken wasn’t good, but I’d still go back to try other things. We also ate at Grizzly’s Wood-Fire Grill. I had the wood-fire chicken sandwich with avocado. I love chicken and I love avocado & you can never go wrong with the two paired together.
- 1) Albus loves snow as much, if not more than I do
- 2) Being married has been my greatest and most favorite adventure thus far
- 3) Sam doesn’t know how to play candy crush
- 4) Sam gets homesick & being on the road without visitors is hard
- 5) My husband actually loves Albus like I do 😘
- 6) Home workouts are cue for my dog to attack me
- 7) Greys Anatomy reruns never get old
- 8) Living with my best friend makes my phone battery last longer
- 9) I need NEED to decorate for Christmas asap (camper shopping must happen soon)
- 10) Sam is the hardest-working and most selfless person I know